“Eat lots of lemon and ginger.” Wise words from my friend Lynn as to how to beat a nasty cold. The only problem was my throat hurt so much, I had no desire to eat anything. I found sipping whiskey (strictly for medicinal purposes) worked well. It numbed the back of my throat and only required small pathetic sips. But, girl can not live on whiskey alone. This sorbet was my first venture into the kitchen, after spending 2 WEEKS!!!!! fighting (not so successfully) this nasty bug. The hardest part was zesting 4 lemons. But then again, when you are sick, everything seams hard!
The ginger and lemon flavors dominated the green tea. This tasted Devine, and felt soothing on a sore throat. It is the perfect treat for a sicky. Next time, I’d like to experiment with using maple syrup instead of sugar.
- 2 green tea bags
- Zest of 4 lemons
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup bubbly water
- After zesting lemons, dice the zest into small pieces.
- Boil water, sugar, lemon zest, and ginger in saucepan.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add tea bags. After 4 minutes, remove tea bags. Let cool.
- Add lemon juice and bubbly water.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Take out of ice cream maker, and place in freezer for an additional hour.