Beurre Blanc Sauce
Last weekend, I attended a grilling demonstration at the 8100 Mountainside Bar and Grill in the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek, CO. Pascal and Reese, the Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine for the restaurant, prepared this sauce to serve with grilled halibut. What a nice complement to fish.
They will be holding 3 more grilling exhibitions throughout the summer (July 25th, August 8th, and August 15th). If you are in the Vail Valley, stop by and sample some delectable morsels with expertly chosen pairings while picking up great culinary tips in an idyllic setting. The demonstration starts at 4:30 on the patio.
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- ½ pound butter (2 sticks)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sweat shallots in 1 Tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a saute pan.
- Add wine and vinegar and reduce until almost dry.
- While mixture is reducing, cut remaining butter into small cubes.
- Slowly add butter (2 to 3 pieces at a time) while constantly moving the pan until all is incorporated.