Spiced Cranberry Rum Sauce
This is my favorite side dish for turkey. It stores well, so I make it the night before. I always save some to put on turkey sandwiches the day after. (It also is a great sauce for ice cream.)
- 1 12-oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, diced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Smith & Truslow Organic Apple Pie Spice, Organic Ginger Spice Blend, or Organic freshly ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rum (or bourbon)
- Combine cranberries, sugar, orange, and spice and water.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven, let cool.
- Stir in rum.
- Can be served warm or cold. I like it cold with turkey and warm on ice cream. The sauce thickens as it cools.