Mmm mmm Carrot Cake
My favorite (birthday) cake!
- 2 cups unsifted all purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Coconut cream frosting:
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 2-1/2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut flakes, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, baking soda cinnamon and salt.
- Beat oil, sugar and eggs thoroughly.
- Add flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add pineapples, carrots, coconuts (and nuts).
- Pour into greased 13″x9″ pan. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese.
- Alternately add confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add ½ of the coconut.
- Frost cake.
- Sprinkle top with rest of coconut.
Tags: carrot cake