It took me 50 years to realize that I love cauliflower. In the past, it was a white hard veggie, that crumbled into bitter unpalatable flavors in my mouth. The only way I would eat it was covered in ranch dressing, which from a nutritional aspect, probably totally negated any benefit of eating a vegetable.
I am now the roasted cauliflower queen. I probably eat 2 heads of cauliflower a month. Mostly for dinner, but with leftovers sprinkled into breakfast and lunch on a regular basis. It is easy to make, and roasting cauliflower gives it a nutty flavor that is in no way related to the raw veggie.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss olive oil with spices.
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil mixture.
- Spread out in large roasting pan (do not over load the pan).
- Roast in oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve as an appetizer or side dish.