Last weekend, I attended a grilling demonstration at the 8100 Mountainside Bar and Grill in the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek, CO. Pascal and Reese, the Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine for the restaurant, prepared this sauce. Béarnaise is one of my favorite sauces, and this one did not disappoint.
They will be holding 3 more grilling exhibitions throughout the summer (July 25th, August 8th, and August 15th). If you are in the Vail Valley, stop by the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek and sample some delectable morsels with expertly chosen pairings while picking up great culinary tips in an idyllic setting. The demonstration starts at 4:30 on the patio.
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 oz clarified butter
- 1½ teaspoons dried organic tarragon
- 1½ Tablespoons minced shallots
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine tarragon, shallots, white wine, and red wine vinegar in a pot and reduce.
- Whisk egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl over low heat until egg yolks start to cook and become frothy.
- Add one tablespoon of the wine reduction.
- When mixture is incorporated, slowly drizzle in warm clarified butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.