Cauliflower Soup with Lemon and Saffron
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion minced
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and minced
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- pinch of saffron
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon organic ground paprika
- fine sea salt and organic ground black pepper to taste
- Saute the onions, celery, and parsnips in olive oil over medium heat until soft (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in cauliflower and cook for 3 more minutes
- Add chicken stock and paprika and cook for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat, cool and blend using an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender and puree in small batches.
- Return pureed soup to stockpot.
- In a small bowl, add pinch of saffron to 2 Tablespoons of boiling water and let set.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks with lemon juice. Add parsley and combine with saffron water.
- Add parsley mixture to the soup in the stockpot. Reheat and flavor with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a sprinkle of paprika.