Sometimes you just need a little comfort food. This recipe is from my sister-in-law, Kathy.
- 3 eggs separated
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 lb egg noodles (already boiled)
- (1/2 cup – cornflakes, bread crumbs, dried fried onions etc – optional)
- Beat egg yolks.
- Add melted butter and sugar.
- Fold in cottage cheese, sour cream and egg noodles.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Place in casserole buttered casserole dish.
- Dot with butter and bake 45 minutes at 350°.