Cherry Almond Scones
The slight tang from the yogurt balances the sweet cherries. The crunch from the nuts adds texture. Perfect with coffee. Bring a plate in for your co-workers and you’ll be employee (or boss) of the day.
This recipe only makes 4 scones. Indulge yourself.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries
- water as needed
- mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and sugar
- cut butter into small pieces. work into flour with a fork until broken up (don’t over mix)
- add yogurt and enough water to make a dry dough
- add sliced almonds and cherries
- mold dough into circle 3/4 inch thick and place on greased cookie sheet.
- cut the circle into quarters
- sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and sugar
- bake at 425 for 18 minutes