Chicken with Lemon and Garlic
This recipe is great for entertaining, since you can make it ahead and throw it in the oven while you are getting ready. It is equally good with rice or a baked potato. The recipe is modified from a recipe in the Barnes and Noble, “Chicken -over 400 fabulous recipes for all occasions”.
3 cups chicken stock
20 garlic cloves, (or 3 Tablespoons organic minced garlic)
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 chicken breasts
1 lemon, rind and pith removed
2 tablespoon flour
1 cup dry white wine
- organic parsley and organic basil to garnish
- boil stock add garlic cloves, reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes (only 5 minutes if using minced garlic, strain stock and reserve both stock and garlic.
- brown chicken breasts in olive oil – 3 minutes/side.
- place chicken breasts in oven proof dish and top with garlic and sliced lemon.
- shake flour in Tupperware container with 1 cup stock.
- combine flour, stock, and wine and salt and pepper. Heat stirring until sauce thickens.
- add sauce to chicken, cover and cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- garnish with basil and parsley.