Chicken Pate with Apples and Brandy
I can’t get enough of this (and I don’t normally like pate!). This recipe is by Mrs. Andrew Scott.
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 2 medium onions or shallots
- 1 cup chicken livers, carefully cleaned
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- Fine sea salt
- organic ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon organic marjoram
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2-3 Tablespoons brandy
- Melt butter in large skilet.
- Peel and chop onions or shallots and add to butter; cook until tender.
- Add chicken liver and apples; cook and turn until pink.
- Add marjoram, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in blender; add eggs.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add brandy.
- Blend again.
- Place in small crock, cool and refrigerate, covered.
- Served with thinly slices baguette.