John and I go to most of the Rockies’ home baseball games. I’m good for about one hot dog a year. I’ve tried just about every concession stand in the stadium, and have not yet found anything to eat that remotely resembles its original food ingredients. So, now we bring our lunch/dinner to the park. One of my favorite snacks is curried popcorn. It turns your fingers yellow, so serve it with lots of napkins.
- Amish Country Popcorn kernals *
- peanut oil, 2-3 tablespoons
- butter, to taste
- organic curry powder, to taste
- heat oil in pan
- add three kernels to pan, cover and heat on high until the kernels pop
- add more popcorn to cover bottom of pan
- replace cover and heat on high
- when you can count to five after the last pop, the popcorn is done.
- add butter and curry powder to taste – I usually use 1-2 teaspoons for a big bowl.
* – I was complaining to my friend Wendy about store bought popcorn kernels. I don’t know if its the altitude of the lack of humidity, but the popcorn in Colorado tastes stale – I’ve tried 3-4 different brands with the same result. Wendy gave me some Amish Country Popcorn to try. Its cheap, available on line and its the best popcorn I’ve had. I prefer the extra large carmel type popcorn and buy it in 6 lb bags.