Curried Turkey Salad
I like turkey, but with just two of us, roasting a whole turkey is a little excessive. Instead, I buy the turkey breast tenders at whole foods and roast them. They are a little less than a pound a piece, so one is perfect for the two of us.
In this recipe, the sweetness of the grapes and the nutty flavor of pecans are perfect complements to the heat of the curry and cayenne.
- 1 pound turkey breast
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 cup green grapes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons organic curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- roast turkey breast in 325 degree oven, (a 3/4 pound breast usually takes 25 minutes). Cool and shred.
- heat pecans in skillet over medium heat until aromatic
- remove, cool, and chop
- mix yogurt with curry, cayenne, salt, and pepper
- mix in onions and celery
- add turkey, cilantro, grapes, and pecans, mix well
This tastes even better the next day.