Great Granny’s Cranberry Sauce
Ever since I can remember, we’ve had this cranberry sauce at both Thanksgiving and Christmas. It makes a lot, which is good, because everyone likes it.
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 oz red jello
- 5 1/2 cups liquid (use juice from fruit plus water if needed)
- 4 cups ground cranberries
- 4 cups crushed pinapple (mandarine oranges etc.)
- Mix sugar and jello into heated liquid. let set in frigerator
- When hard add ground cranberries and pinapple. Mix well, return to frig and reset.
Note: I think the original recipe had walnuts or pecans in it. My brother Joey doesn’t like anything with nuts, so over the years, it was dropped from the ingredients.