For a Greek salad that’s a perfect complement to any grill menu, use local garden fresh veggies. For a lunchtime alternative, toss with romaine lettuce, and you’ve got the mixings to fill your lunchtime pita bread pockets.
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ cloves garlic, minced (or ¼ teaspoon organic minced garlic)
- ½ teaspoon organic dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges, then cut in half
- 1 cucumber, ¼” slices, then cut into quarters
- 1 green pepper, chopped into ¼”-½” pieces
- ¼ red onion, sliced into rings
- 4 oz feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 16 kalamata olives
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano in a small bowl.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss.