Grilled Chicken Kebabs
Chicken kebabs made with Smith & Truslow organic herbs and spices
—accompanied by a Greek salad and orzo with feta and bell peppers
, for a truly Mediterranean flair.
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed (or ½ teaspoon organic minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon dried organic mint
- 1 teaspoon dried organic oregano
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 to 10 wooden skewers
- In medium bowl, combine chicken with garlic, dried mint, oregano, salt, pepper and 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
- Immerse skewers in water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Remove mint leaves from stems—use those closest to 1 inch.
- Alternate chicken, mint leaves, and onion pieces on skewers. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Grill until chicken is cooked, turning and basting with oil-lemon mixture—about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with Greek salad and orzo-voila! (or