- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb ham, bacon, or sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons organic granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried organic thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried organic parsley
- saute meat, onion, celery, carrots, in olive oil over medium heat for 4 minutes
- add lentils and cook for a few more minutes
- add white wine, chicken stock, tomatoes, and garlic bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- add thyme, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.