More Garlic Bread!
Kids are notoriously finicky, and if you have friends with children coming for dinner, even mac & cheese isn’t a sure fire hit. You may have used penne when the kid only eats elbows, or ruined it for a cheddar cheese purist by adding Parmesan. But I’ve discovered that warm garlic bread is universally met with enthusiasm. The only possible error is not making enough. With your basic spices on hand, it’s a fast and easy crowd-pleaser.
- Preheat oven to 350° .
- Slice bread horizontally, almost all the way through, and open flat.
- Microwave butter and olive oil in Pyrex cup or bowl until butter is melted.
- Brush butter/olive oil mixture on inside of loaf.
- Sprinkle parsley flakes and garlic powder.
- Warm in oven until slightly crusty and golden.
- Slice bread in vertical sections and place in basket.