I never measure. That’s why I like Jamie Oliver – a dash of this and a shake of that. Also his accent is adorable. This combination of ingredients always works, no matter the proportions.
In your food processor, whip up:
- Lemon zest (at least a whole lemon)
- Lemon juice
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fine sea Salt
- Organic ground cayenne – a dash is good
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic (not more than two cloves, unless you like it really garlicky)
- Pine nuts
- Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Drizzle in olive oil last
Looks pretty over little curly fusilli noodles, or keep on hand to brighten up sandwiches.