This Mexican tortilla soup is a favorite on game days… It’s easy, yummy and definitely has a kick – who could ask for more?
Mexican Tortilla Soup
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 corn tortillas 7-to 8-inch
- 1/2 tsp organic minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp organic ground cumin
- 1 tbsp organic chili powder
- 3 organic bay leaves dried
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp organic ground cayenne
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 15.5 oz can black beans drained
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
Add 10 crushed tortillas, garlic, onion and cilantro (if using).
Saute 2-3 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes.
Bring to boil; add cumin, chili powder, bay leaves and chicken stock.
Return to boil; reduce heat and add salt & cayenne pepper.
Simmer 30 minutes.
Remove bay leaves. Stir in chicken and beans.
Serve w/ accompaniments: shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc.